Call for Entries: ViewPoints 2017
“ViewPoints,” now in its 20th year, expands the reach of SMI to introduce artists not only from New Jersey but from across the nation and the world to our community. Over the last 20 years, we’ve had many prominent jurors and artists participate in this exhibition.
Entry Deadline: January 27, 2017
Notification Date: Week of February 13, 2017
Opening Reception and Cash Awards: Saturday, June 3, 2017 from 6 to 9pm
Delivery of Artwork by Hand: Thursday, May 25, 2017 from 10:30am to 4pm & Friday, May 26, 2017 from 10:30am to 4pm.
Delivery of Artwork by Shipping: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 thru Friday, May 26, 2017.
Pickup of unsold artwork: Friday, July 7, 2016 from 10:30am to 4pm & Saturday, July 8, 2016 from 11am to 4pm.
Entry Fee: SMI Members: $35, Non-members: $40
- Online entry (Entrythingy) only (www.studiomontclair.org).
- Artists may submit a maximum of 3 jpg images.
- All media accepted including videos and installations.
- Work must have been completed within the past 2 years. Work previously shown in any SMI exhibition will not be accepted.
- Three views of 3D work will be accepted.
- For JPEG file format images. Files should be a minimum size of 1600 pixels on the longest side. We will accept lower resolution images, but please note that those images cannot be used for publicity. Digital images should be cropped to show only your artwork. If edges are irregular, it is best to photograph against a black background.
- Submit work that will be available for the duration of the exhibition. No substitutions will be accepted after selections are finalized.
- Please note for accepted work: The profile you submit with Entrythingy will be used for the online gallery.
- No giclée reproductions of original art accepted.
- 2D work: Maximum 6 feet in any direction. Wall-hung art must be properly wired for hanging, no saw-tooth hangers.
- 3D work: Maximum 4 feet in any direction.
- Video: mov, mp4, and wmv files will be accepted up to 500mg.
- Floor installation: Maximum 48×48 inches.
NO ceiling hung work. Electronic and digital works must be ready to show – artists must provide all components.
Work not conforming to the submission requirements will be rejected.
Cash Awards: Minimum of $1,350 total cash awards.
Liability: Artists must provide own insurance. Neither Studio Montclair nor Aljira provide insurance and may not be held liable for damage to any artwork exhibited. Both Studio Montclair and Aljira will make every possible effort to handle all artwork with care and respect.
Sales: A 30% donation will be retained by SMI on all sales. Works available for sale will be sold at the price indicated on the entry form. No changes in price will be permitted upon acceptance. Works not for sale should be listed NFS and include an insurance value
Usage of Images: Studio Montclair and Aljira reserve the right to photograph and use accepted work for documentation, website, publicity, social media or catalog purposes.
Notifications: To ensure that you receive our mailings about this exhibit, please add email@example.com to your contact list. Status of your entry may be checked at https://studiomontclair.org/calls-for-entry. Studio Montclair requests that accepted artists confirm receipt of notifications and instructions.
Agreement: Entering your work in this exhibition constitutes an acceptance of all the requirements set forth in this prospectus.