SMI has grown to over 360 members encompassing all aspects of the visual arts. Our organization works hard to produce high quality exhibits that bring exciting original contemporary art to the public free of charge. SMI sponsors educational and informative programs to meet the needs of our professional artists.
We need your help to continue and expand our programs and venues so we can provide more opportunities for artists and those who love the arts!
A Strong Visual Arts organization is important because:
- Visual art stimulates economic growth. New Jersey arts nonprofits spent $247.6 million on operations and $51.4 million capital improvements in 2007, generating the following impacts on the state: $717.7 million in total impact, $265.5 million in earnings, 6,645 jobs (full-time equivalent), $17.8 million in state income and sales taxes.**
- Visual art attracts visitors. Culturally motivated visitors tend to have a per-trip spend that’s significantly greater than that of other market segment. Visitor spending during trips to New Jersey arts events is estimated at $283.8 million, generating the following economic impacts: $501.9 million in total impact, $131.4 million in earnings, 4,408 jobs (full-time equivalent), $23.1 million in state income and sales taxes.**
- Visual art brings people together. Diverse population of races, cultures, beliefs, and abilities meet to share ideas, viewpoints, and common interests.
- Visual art expands the way people think, see, and act. Art inspires, challenges, and stimulates people with existing and new ideas that they in turn will bring to our community and the Visual arts powerfully shape perceptions that result in genuinely new and creative solutions to structural, social, and economic challenges.
- Visual art creates a better community to live in Art provides a key element in ‘quality of life’ that can lead to a healthier, prouder, and more cohesive community while stimulating business to area restaurants, shops, and entertainment venues.
Ways you can help
Sponsoring an exhibit can include donating the reception, cash awards or prizes. Fill out the following information and we will contact you with our current sponsorship opportunities:
Studio Montclair, Inc. is a tax-exempt public charity under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Your contributions are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.