May 2016: Draw Along at MAM
SMI is pleased to collaborate with Montclair Art Museum’s “Draw Along.” This event provides fun activities for every skill level. There will be live models and outrageous still-life stations in Leir Hall, and an open studio for portraiture. SMI artists will be available for advice in all locations. Visitors are encouraged to bring their own dry supplies, but basic drawing supplies will be available. Come and try your hand at drawing from a clothed model or an unusual still-life!
This program is part of MAM’s Free First Thursday Nights, held every month from October through June, 5-9 p.m. We invite you to join us for an evening of free art and dynamic programming.
Highlights for the May 5, Free First Thursday Night:
- A 5 p.m. ribbon cutting ceremony honoring the opening of the Vance Wall Art Education Center
- Art Talk: Noah Klersfeld. See his Party in the Bathroom video series on MAM’s outdoor video monitors!
- Draw Along Workshop expands into Leir Hall in partnership with Studio Montclair! Come and try your hand at drawing from a clothed model or still-life!
- Live music with L. E. McCullough, Amy Beshara, and Max Carmichael and special performances by community partners
- Family art activities inspired by forthcoming MAM: The Flowering-Art in Bloom 2016
- Tours of the new center and current exhibitions
- Grand reopening of The Store at MAM
SMI had its first social media contest to pick out the designs for a coloring book postcard that will be distributed on May 5 at the Draw Along Event!